Saturday 14 February 2009

MDMA anyone?



As much as I am enjoying the new series of Skins, I can’t help but think just how wrong it is. Skins has become such a cult and I dread to imagine just how much of an influence that it has on naïve and impressionable teens. The new series is running a very fine line between portraying reality and glamourising excessive drug and alcohol consumption, meaningless sex and violence. MDMA, spliff and neat vodka has never been so cool. Granted, most of them are pretty fucked and have some issues, but nevertheless, they seem to be having a whale of a time and I am even finding myself envious of some of their parties!

I’m currently sat firmly on the fence with this…on the one hand I believe strongly in freedom of expression, yet on the other, you can’t deny the influence that media has on our society and there is clearly a need for social responsibility…yep, I think I better just make myself comfortable!

No comments: