Friday 17 April 2009

The age old question...What is a brand?

On my quest to bag my first job in advertising I have lost count of the amount of times I have been asked, "so, in your opinion, what is a brand?", and even though I do think I have a firm grasp on the logistics of a brand in my mind, for some reason I always seem to struggle getting this across coherently in words and generally end up fumbling around the issue like an idiot!

Anyway, I came across this presentation on the Digital Buzz blog and thought it offered some nice insights into brands and brand building...and I am totally going to steal their definition as I can say it without sounding like I am regurgitating a marketing dictionary!

1 comment:

kedarnath gupta said...

the main purpose of branding is to get more people to buy more stuff for more years at a higher price? (slide no. 28)

how could you possibly agree with that? i don't even like the tone of it. we're not drug peddlers, are we?

that aside, you've got a nice blog here. and i think you write well.